Thank you for presenting at 2018 Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law (AABHL) conference
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Construct presentation slides (if using them) in 4:3 ratio format. This size best fits the screens at the conference venue.
- Please load your presentation files to the online cloud folder (DropBox*) prior to arrival at the conference, ideally by COB Friday 21st September. Please also bring a back-up to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files). If this is not possible there will also be a Speakers Preparation desk located in the conference foyer for loading your content with an audio visual technician. If you are using this option please ensure you see the technician minimum 2 hours prior to your presentation.
- At the conference there will be a number of AV technicians roaming between the rooms to assist with technical difficulties, please touch base with them before your session commences
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program.
- Abstracts and presenter biographies will be available on the Conference Website and also in the printed handbook you will receive at registration
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program), AV technician and familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual setup.
*If your institute does not support Dropbox please email your files to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring to the conference on a USB.
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished leaving time for this purpose. At the conclusion of all presenters in the session any leftover time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).